Monday, March 12, 2007

Website of the Day: Behavior Doctor

During the APBS Conference I went to two workshops presented by Dr. Laura Riffel from the The Behavior Doctor website. The first was the Marriage of Love and Logic and Positive Behavior Supports and you can download the powerpoint and the book from that workshop.

The second was a full day training on Writing Positive Behavior Support Plans from Functional Behavior Assessments. Both were excellent. (Let it be known that I can't even go to the movies with out bringing knitting or some kind of distraction because my attention span is so short and I made it through the entire seven hour workshop without my mind wandering or pulling out my knitting bag.)

All the the handouts from all of the sessions Dr. Riffel presented are available on her website, which is well worth exploring.

Much of the full day training on Saturday prepared us to conduct FBAs including using her free FBA tool. I am already using it to collect some baseline data in my classroom. If you decide to check it out please download the instructions first. It is easy to use and my instructional assistant got really into setting it up and entering data (making my life much easier).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and respectful discussion are welcome and encouraged! No advertisements or spamming.

Contact Me at:

Contact Me at:

Visit our advertisers:

Fujitsu Computer Systems Corporation SpinLife.com, LLC Try Nick Jr. Boost FREE for 7 Days LabelDaddy.com ... Label the things you love !! Build-A-Bear HearthSong - Toys Outlet